ATEX Pumps CAT
- Group 2 identifies equipment used in hazardous explosive atmospheres other than mining.
- Category 2 defines the level of protection required. Equipment in this category is intended for use in areas in which explosive atmospheres caused by gases, vapors, mists, or air/dust mixtures are likely to occur.
- Category 3 is equipment intended for use in areas in which explosive atmospheres caused by gases, vapors, mists or air/dust mixtures are unlikely to occur or, if they do occur, are likely to do so only infrequently and for a short period only.
- Zone 1 is a place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of dangerous substances in the form of gas, vapor or mist is likely to occur in normal operation occasionally.
- Zone 2 is an area in which an explosive mixture is not likely to occur in normal operation and if it occurs it will exist only for a short time